Your dogs first line of defense is its skin. The skin is the largest organ your dog has, ensuring its health and vitality is our goal in helping your dog live life beautifully. Grooming is so much more than just shaving or scissoring a dog, the bathing and finish work done on your dog's coat is the most important piece in keeping your dog's coat healthy.
Animals instinctively seek Mud therapy to heal their aliments. Galen, the Greek Physician and Philosopher was the first to record the use of clay on sick and injured animals.
Clay when moistened with water makes Mud. Naturally absorbent and extremely gentle on the system; cleansing, detoxifying and healing with mud is as old as man-kind. Many people maintain health with therapeutic mud baths at resorts and spas.
We are honored to be able to provide these same therapeutic mud baths to our canine guests that humans have had access to for hundreds of years. The mud treatments are applied after a through shampooing opening up the hair follicles. The hair back brushed and the mud is applied line by line with a soft paint brush directly to the skin. After complete coverage, the mud is massaged for at least twenty minutes then rinsed with our hydrosurge mixing warm water and conditioner to seal and close the hair follicles.
Soothing Mud - Add on $20-$40 Depending on Size
Our beloved dogs live in a human world filled with toxins and pollutants that can be harmful to their health and well-being. Bored, stressed, or irritable dogs manifest their discomfort through their skin and coat. Hot spots, blemishes, irritations and other canine dermatitis conditions cause pain, tenderness and sensitivity. Where can you find an all-natural soothing relief? The answer is Madra Mór Soothing Mud, designed to promote healthy skin while combating canine skin problems such as dry skin, itching, blemishes, tenderness, bacteria, and hot spots.
Soothing Mud uses mineral rich clay with high concentrations of colloidal oatmeal and nourishing, healing ingredients such as organic aloe vera powder, Allantion, borage oil, rice bran oil, Vitamin E and Zinc. These time tested skin care ingredients promote healthy cell regeneration, ease irritation related to itchy and scratchy skin, and hydrate dry skin.
- Green Tea Extract - powerful antioxidant
- Witch Hazel - reduces inflammation
- Dipotassium Glycrrhizate (licorice plant extract) - properties that calm and sooth skin
- German Chamomile Essential Oil - reduce inflammation and repair damaged skin cells
- Lavender Essential Oil - to regulate and balance skin function, promote healing and sooth
Shed Safe/ Hydrate Mud - Add on $20-$40 Depending on Size
What can you do to help your dog shed safely without using heavy detergents or chemicals? Madra Mór Shed Safely Mud is the perfect solution to excessive shedding and dry skin.
- Vitamin B3 - Also known as niacinamide, this essential vitamin increases ceramide, a fatty acid that regulates skin regeneration, prevents the skin from losing water, improves skin barrier function, increasing cell turnover to promote new hair growth.
- Provitamin B5 - Also known as panthenol, this essential vitamin stimulates cell growth and tissue repair. When applied topically, panthenol penetrates the skin and is converted into pantothenic acid, a complex B vitamin. Finally, panthenol gives the coat shine and bounce and causes long-lasting moisture.
- Multiberry BSC - has strong antioxidant properties, stabilizes collagen fibers, promotes collagen biosynthesis, and decreases capillary permeability and fragility. Contains alpha hydroxy acids that exfoliate skin evenly and prevent clogged hair follicles.
- Sugar Cane and Sugar Maple Extract - These natural plants contain alpha hydroxy acids that exfoliate skin evenly, prevents clogged follicles, and hydrates the skin and coat.
Mobility Mud - Add on $30-$60 Depending on Size
Muscle aches and pains are usually caused by inflammation, the body’s natural way of coping with damaged tissue. Madra Mór Mobility Mud is an all-natural canine skin and coat cleanser enhanced with peppermint and menthol for cold therapy to ease minor aches and instantly stop itching.
- Massage - As with all our mud treatments, a 20 minute massage working the mud deep to provide the best soothing pain relief is included.
- Menthol - Menthol is a natural plant extract that is an excellent cooling agent and counter irritant widely used for pain relief. A refreshing antiseptic and blood circulation stimulant, menthol gives the skin that cool feeling while reducing itchiness and tenderness.
- Peppermint - This natural plant extract adds cooling, bactericidal, and anti-irritant properties to Mobility Mud. Peppermint helps reduce inflammation and redness and cools the skin by constricting capillaries, increasing circulation. Your dog will feel renewed and refreshed with a blast of pure-green energy!
- Mobility Mud will make your active or older dog feel like a pup by relieving sore muscles and joints and rejuvenating his skin and coat.
Flea Relief Mud - Add on $30-$60 Depending on Size
Madra Mór Flea Relief Mud turns treating fleas, and other parasites irritation into a luxurious, pampering experience for your dog. The minerals and ingredients in Madra Mór Flea Relief Mud provide natural flea and parasite relief and fortify for optimum skin health! Loaded with antiseptic and anti-fungal ingredients, this treatment also makes a wonderful treatment for those dogs suffering from yeast.
- Diatomaceous Earth - Made from the crushed fossils of freshwater organisms and marine life, Diatomaceous Earth is deadly to fleas, ticks, and other parasites but completely harmless to animals. The action is mechanical—microscopically sharp edges pierce the parasite’s protective coating, so they soon dehydrate and die. Diatomaceous Earth is over 80% silica, between the clay’s silica and this wonder powder, Flea Relief Mud is exceptional to fortify our furry friends skin and coat!
- Apple Cider Vinegar - This natural antiseptic controls bacteria and fungus growth, improves your dog’s skin and coat, and repels fleas and ticks. Apple Cider Vinegar health benefits are so numerous that we had to use it in our Flea Relief Mud treatment!
- Andiroba Seed Oil - A powerful parasite repellent. Extracted from large, woody, tropical nuts, andiroba oil contains high levels of beneficial essential fatty acids that when applied to the skin are quickly and completely absorbed. This wonder oil helps turn puppy fur even softer!
- Lavender, Tea Tree and Peppermint Essential Oils - analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial these essential oil combine to help protect, treat and heal the skin.
- Horsetail Extract - This natural herb packed with magnesium and silica and builds collagen in skin. Its astringent, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties relieve irritation and help heal the skin.
- Nettle Extract - The properties of this common perennial relieve inflammation and helps heal irritated skin. This herb makes an excellent addition to fortify skin and hair; rich in iron, calcium, potassium, silicon, magnesium, manganese, zinc and chromium.
- Marshmallow Extract - The properties of this medicinal herb are excellent for soothing any and all inflammations, irritations and promotes skin healing. A highly nourishing herb.